What are the transport options from Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya?
I asked this question to Air Asia since Air Asia is now landing international passengers at Don Mueang. Their reply was "You must find your own transport." Very helpful.
Unfortunately there is no Airport bus direct to Pattaya from Don Mueang Airport.
I am told that this will change in the future. Sign up for the Pattaya Reports Newsletter and recieve the news when it happens.
A taxi direct from the airport at Don Meuang to Pattaya will cost around 1,200 baht to 1,500 baht fixed fare. Listed below are four travel options from Don Meuang Airport to Pattaya.
Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya Option 1
If you donít have a lot of luggage (preferably a back pack) then you can:
- Take the airport shuttle bus to Mo Chit BTS station. (Bangkok Transit System Ė Electric sky train) While riding on the sky train you will have good views of the city.
- Purchase a ticket (about 60 baht) to ride the BTS to Ekkamai Station, Frequency, about every 10 minutes. Ekkamai BTS station is next to Ekkamai bus station. When you get off the train at Ekkamai BTS station go down the exit that will be on your right when facing the direction the train was traveling.
While traveling in the sky train a recorded message is played to announce each station and the next station along the route.
Ekkamai is the 14 th station from Mo Chit. There is no dedicated space for baggage on BTS.
- At Ekkamai, purchase a ticket to Pattaya for 124 baht. The ticket booth for Pattaya is at the front of the bus terminal to your right as you approach it from the footpath. Buses run every 30 minutes or so to Pattaya. They usually leave on time. When I travel singularly from Pattaya to Bangkok I always take that bus.Hotels close to BTS Ekkamai
Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya Option 2
- From Don Mueang take the airport shuttle bus to Morchit BTS (Bangkok Transit System).
- Next, from Morchit BTS take a metered taxi to Morchit Mai bus station. The metered taxis have a sign on the roof of the vehicle reading "TAXI METER".
- Purchase a bus ticket to Pattaya. Buses to Pattaya run about every hour.
Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya Option 3
Could I just get a cab from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi, the other airport then take the usual Bell airport bus service to Pattaya?
Yes. If you take a meter taxi from Don Muang airport to Suvarnabhumi it will cost you about 300-400 bath including expressway fees.The duration of the taxi ride should be
45min to 1.5 hour depending on the time of day you travel. The distance is approximately 45 KM.
The first Bell bus departs Suvarnabhumi at 8.00am and then every two hours until the last bus at 6.00pm. The fare is 200 baht and the trip to Pattaya takes around 90 minutes.
If your arrival time is out of the range for the Bell bus service to Pattaya then another option is to go to level one gate eight at Suvarnabhumi and catch the Roong Reuang Coach. The service operates from 07:00 to 22:00 and buses leave every hour. The fare to Pattaya is 134 baht.
The Roong Reuang Coach stops at five locations in Pattaya.
Airport Tel:086 324 2391 Pattaya Tel: 086 234 2389
- North Pattaya Junction (Sukhumvit)
- Central Pattaya Junction (Sukhumvit)
- South Pattaya Junction (Sukhumvit)
- Thep Prasit Junction (Sukhumvit)
- Thapphraya Office JomTien
Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya Option 4
Take a taxi. A taxi direct from the airport at Don Meuang to Pattaya will cost around 1,200 to 1,500 fixed fare.
You might meet someone on your flight who is traveling to Pattaya. You could offer to share a taxi
from Don Muang to Pattaya.
What ever taxi you take make sure you are satisfied that the driver knows exactly where you want to go before you get into the taxi.